1. Khader Y, Al-Zoubi D, Amarin Z, Alkafagei A, Khasawneh M, Burgan S, et al. Factors affecting medical students in formulating their specialty preferences in Jordan. BMC Med Educ 2008; 8: 32.
2. Wright B, Scott I, Woloschuk W, Brenneis F, Bradley J. Career choice of new medical students at three Canadian universities: family medicine versus specialty medicine. Can Med Assoc J 2004; 170 :1920-4.
3. Apker J, Eggly S. Communicating professional identity in medical socialization: Considering the ideological discourse of morning report. Qual Health Res 2004; 14: 411-29.
4. PawełczykA, PawełczykT, BieleckiJ. The effect of some factors on medical student specialty choice of non-primary care–a synthesis of the literature. Pol Merkur Lekarski 2007; 22: 575-9. [In Polish].
5. Khater-Menassa B, Major S. Factors influencing the choice of specialty among medical students in Lebanon. J Med Liban 2005; 53:16-20.
6. Saigal P, Takemura Y, NishiueT, Fetters MD. Factors considered by medical students when formulating their specialty preferences in Japan: Findings from a qualitative study. BMC Med Educ 2007; 7: 31.
7. Zarghami M, Ghaffari Sarvari V, Khalilian A, Sefid Chian A. Motivations influencing the specialty choices of medical school graduates. Journal of medical education 2003; 3: 33-7. [In Persian].
8. WanzelKR, WardM, Reznick RK. Teaching the surgical craft: From selection to certification. Curr Probl Surg 2002; 39: 573-659.
9. Wang KI, Chang PY, Hung CY, Hung YH. Analysis of senior medical students’ preferences in specialty choice a survey in a medical school in northern Taiwan. Chang Gung Med J 2007; 30: 339-53.
10. Egerton EA. Career preferences enquiry among Queen's University Medical undergraduates and graduates: A follow-up. Med Educ 1983; 17: 105-11.
11. Harris LM, Chaikof EL, Eidt JF. Altering the career choice: Can we attract more women
to vascular surgery? J Vasc Surg 2007; 45: 846-8.
12. Pawelczyk A, Pawelczyk T, Bielecki J. Differences in medical specialty choice and in personality factors among female and male medical students. Pol Merkur Lekarski 2007; 23: 363-6. [In Polish].
13. Aufses AH, Slater GI, Hollier LH. The nature and fate of categorical surgical residents who “drop out”. Am J Surg 1998;175: 236-9.
14. Ambrozy DM, Irby DM, Bowen JL, Burack JH, Carline JD, Stritter FT. Role models’ perceptions of themselves and their influence on students’ specialty choices. Acad Med 1997; 72: 1119-21.
15. Burack JH, Irby DN, Carline JD, Ambrozy DM, Ellsbury KE, Stritter FT. A study of medical students' specialty-choice pathways: trying on possible selves. Acad Med 1997; 72: 534-41.