1Health Sciences Research Center, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, IRAN
2Student Research Committee, School of Health, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, IRAN
3Educational Development Office, School of Health, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, IRAN
Background: Course plan is among the useful tools to improve the quality of education. This study is conducted to analyze the content of course plans presented by teachers in the School of Health of Mashhad University of Medical Sciences. Methods:In this cross - sectional study, 98 out of 102 course plans of second semester of the academic year 2012-2013 were evaluated. The data was collected using a checklist containing 11 dimensions. Data was analyzed using descriptive and analytical statistics . Results:The average score of evaluation was 23.2 ± 3.2. A significant correlation was observed between faculty gender, employment status and evaluation scores of their course plans (P<0.001). The greatest shortcomings were related to dimensions of educational assistance tools (64.3%), objectives (51%). The dimensions of Goals in the lesson plans (92.9%), outline (90.8%), gained the highest scores. Conclusions: Most of the course plans contents were in an acceptable level although there is a room for improvement in the quality of the course plan content.
1. Nasri K, Kahbazy M, Noroozy A, Nasri S. The medical education problems and possible solutions in stagers and intern's view points of Arak University of Medical Sciences, 2006-07. Arak University of Medical Sciences journal 2010; 12(4): 111-21. [In Persian].
2. Hamidzadeh Arbabi U, Neamati A, Dehghan M. Adaptation rate of taught in the outline with the subheadings approved by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine Paramedical and Health Sciences, Ardabil University of Medical Sciencesl. Journal of school nursing, midwifery of Ardabil 2008: 24-33. [In Persian].
3. Office of Educational Development. Everything about the lesson plans (lesson plans daily and lesson plan period) Mashhad: Mashhad University of Medical Sciences 2010. [cited 2013 Jan 28]. Available from: http://www.mums.ac.ir/medical/fa/COURSEPLANNEW3.
4. Gangi F, Momeni A, Amini A. The evaluation presented courses plan basic science Shahrekord University Medical: Viewpoint of students. Proceedings of the 10th National Congress of Medical Education Shiraz; 2009 May 15-17; Shiraz, Iran: Shiraz University of Medical Science.
5. Yekefalah L, Samieefard F, Falahatpisheh F. The effect of providing lesson plan on education quality promotion Qazvin University: Viewpoint of students. Proceedings of the 10th National Congress of Medical Education Shiraz; 2009 May15-17; Shiraz, Iran: Shiraz University of Medical Science.
6. Mobaraki A, Rambod M, Mahmoodi F. Important implementation clinical lesson plan and its implementation barriers: Viewpoints of teachers. Iranian journal of medical education 2009; 11(4): 539-42. [In Persian].
7. Nikbakhsh N, Amri P, Mohammadi H, Razzaghi F. Evaluation of lesson plans of faculty members of medical and dental schools of Babul University of Medical Sciences. Journal of Babul University of Medical Sciences 2010; 12(1): 13-8. [In Persian].
8. Akaberiyan S, Bahreini M, Shahamat S. Attitude of Bushehr University of Medical Sciences facultys about curriculum formulation and quality improvement methods. Proceedings of the 10th National Congress of Medical Education Shiraz; 2009 May15-17; Shiraz, Iran: Shiraz University of Medical Science.
9. Harden RM. Ten questions to ask when planning a course or curriculum. Med Educ 1986; 20(4): 356-65.
10. Han X, Liu Y. Educational technology and the National Quality Course Plan in China. Br J Educ Tech 2010; 41(4): 614-7.
11. Burden PR, Byrd DM. Methods for effective teaching: Meeting the needs of all students. 6th ed. Boston: Pearson Education; 2011.
12. Mohammadi R, Mazaheri E, Naseri R. Views of nursing students in clinical training solutions to the problems of medical sciences, Ardabil University of Medical Sciences. Proceedings of the 1st National Conference on Clinical Training in Nursing; 2009.
13. Payamani S, Momennasab M, Najafi S. The viewpoint of university students about factors related to time management. Iranian journal of medical education 2002; 2(0): 44-6. [In Persian].
14. Bazrafkan L, Nikseresht A. Survay view of medical science university professors about codification on the current situation lesson plan. Iranian journal of medical education 2002-2003; 2(1). Supplementary of 5th Conference of Medical Education. [In Persian].
15. Delgoshaei B, Sadeghifar J, Raadabadi M, Peyman H, Mirzaei A. Content analysis of the lesson plans developed by faculty of Ilam University of Medical Sciences in 2009. Iranian journal of medical education 2012; 12(1): 1-9. [In Persian].
16. Mansourian H, Shoja M, Salimi T. Evaluating the course plan status of faculty staff of shahid saduoghi university of medical science of yazd in the year 2002. Iranian Journal of Medical Education. 2002;2(3). [In persian].
17. Solatini Arabshahi S, Karimi H, Ghaderi A. The effect of educational workshops on appropriate design of lesson plan and application of different levels of cognitive domain in faculty staff of (Shaheed Sadooghi's) Yazd University of medical sciences in 2000-2001: An Iranian experience. Journal of medical education 2004; 4(1): 5-11. [In Persian].
18. Jihad daneshgahi. Evaluation of of the basic science curriculum designed by faculty medical sciences university of the principles of writing lesson plans scientific information databes 2004. [cited 2012 Oct 23]. Available from: http://www.sid.ir/FA/ViewPaper.asp?
19. Saberiyan M, Ghorbani R, Malek M. Instructors’ point of view about lesson planning, Semnan Medical University. Journal of Babul University of Medical Sciences 2003; 5(2): 33-6. [In Persian].
20. Sheikhzade M, Samari S. Survey teaching methods professors of Azarbaijan Gharbi University. Journal of educational management 2010; 1(3): 71-6. [In Persian].
21. Nicholas T, Prideaux D. The new medical curriculum at Flinders University, South Australia: From concept to reality. Med Teach 2001; 23(1): 76-9.